Why learn with DVDs versus the classroom or books?
the following information.
The saying a “picture is worth a thousand words” is usually applied to the effectiveness of a picture in communicating an idea that would take many words to express, but it can also apply to the effectiveness of a picture in remembering what was communicated. There was a study done with a group who were shown 2,560 different pictures over a period of several days. They were later shown 280 pairs of pictures. One of each pair was a picture the person had seen before and the other was not. The people were asked to indicate which of the two pictures they had seen before. In this recognition task they correctly identified about 90 percent of the pictures.
In fact, a recent
study by the U.S. Federal Government shows that 83% of human learning takes
place visually and that information presented visually is retained at a rate
six times greater than information communicated by spoken or written word
picture is worth a thousand words, but a demonstration through video is worth
a million words!
Research Institute of America has found that 33 minutes after completion of a
course, students retain only 58 percent of the material covered in the class.
By the second day, 33 percent is retained, and three weeks after the course,
only 15 percent of the knowledge delivered is retained. (See Figure 1.)
Separate studies conducted by Neil Rackam further support these findings, in
which he has reported that 87 percent of the learning from any given classroom
workshop is lost within 30 days if not followed up.
versus audio CD instruction
video in classroom instruction has the advantage of presenting abstract ideas
in a realistic context, which helps students grasp the abstract ideas more
easily and to retain the material longer.
Select a DVD course: Recommended for:
1. Clock Repair 1 & 2 - Beginner clock repair course New expanded third edition!
2. Advanced Clock Repair - Intermediate clock repair course
3. PROFESSIONAL advanced clock repair - Advanced clock repair course
4. Clock Case Repair & Restoration - Beginner clock repair course New release!!
5. Clockmaker Watchmaker Lathe Basics - Beginner lathe course
6. Clockmaker Watchmaker Lathe Projects - Intermediate lathe course
7. Wooden Works Movement Repair - Intermediate clock repair course
8. Introduction to Watch Repair & The Watch Repair Course - Beginner watch repair New release! Widescreen!
Antique clock repair courses on DVD with course manuals. Learn how to repair antique clocks. Instruction study courses on DVD or video!